Orgasm — Know All About It
“Many women don’t know what an orgasm is. Many men don’t know what total orgasm is. Many only achieve a local orgasm, a genital orgasm; it is confined to the genitals. Just a small ripple in the genitals-and finished. It is not like possession when the whole body moves into a whirlpool and you are lost in the abyss. For a few moments time stops and the mind does not function. For a few moments you do not know who you are. Then it is a total orgasm.” — OSHO.
Orgasm as defined by a normal person would be a feeling that cannot be expressed in words. But if it has to be expressed in words, then orgasm can be defined as an out of the body experience, where your body is still on the earth, but has shattered into a thousand pieces and your soul and mind have travelled to some other realm, where everything is beautiful and by no means you want to come back, you don’t want it to end.
What is an orgasm? (Like literally)
When you are sexually aroused, the blood flow to your genital increases. Orgasm in normal terms is the release of that accumulated excitement and tension build up in the muscles during sexual interaction accompanied by sexual pleasure. Orgasms may feel different to different people, but the basic characteristics that are common to almost everyone is increasing heart rate, rapid breathing and elevated blood pressure. In humans, orgasm can be achieved by the stimulation of the penis in men and clitoris in women.
Image Source: https://i.ytimg.com.
How to reach an orgasm in females?
Most women reach an orgasm due to clitoral stimulation rather than vaginal penetration (The clitoris contains at least 8,000 sensory nerve endings). Everybody is different and what activities will stimulate their desires, differ subsequently. There are several ways through which a woman can reach her orgasm apart from the conventional ways, such as anal sex, nipple tugging, oral sex and even just by kissing. In most women orgasms come easily with clitoral stimulation, which most partners skip and just focus on the penetration. If penetration is accompanied by clitoral stimulation such as touching her down there it will make her climax much easily and quickly.
How to reach an orgasm in males?
Men get aroused much more easily than women. In males, orgasms can be achieved by physical sexual stimulation of penis. Although the orgasms in men last for a relatively short period of time, it is relatively easier to achieve.
Benefits of orgasm
Orgasms are not just a means of sexual satisfaction, they also affect our body psychologically and physically and hence has several health benefits.
- Orgasms add to our good health because of the number of hormones that are released during and after it. Hormones like dopamine, endorphins and oxytocin are released which are great mood enhancers.
- Who need anti-aging creams and serums, when you can achieve the same effect with orgasms? According to a study, in a healthy relationship, having sex three times a week can make you look up to 10 years younger.
- It can cure pains such as migraine, menstrual cramps, etc. Thanks to oxytocin, which is released in abundance after you orgasm.
- Orgasms help us sleep better. The oxytocin released during orgasm reduces the level of cortisol (stress hormone) thus resulting in relaxation and sleepiness.
- According to a study, orgasms can increase fertility in women to a certain level as their ability to retain sperms post sex increases. Though the studies regarding this fact are not very evident.
- The National Cancer Institute (U.S) in 2004 did a study on 50000 men. According to this study, “men those who had more than 21 orgasms each month were 30 percent less likely to develop prostate cancer than those who had fewer than seven”. Hence, it reduces the risk of prostate cancer in men.
- According to a survey done by a famous magazine, you can lose up to 200 calories with just 30 minutes of love making.
Importance of orgasm
Orgasms are important, but being together in that moment is all that matters. While having sex your main motive should be to get intimate and close to your partner, expressing your love for them, exploring new things and fantasies rather than just emphasizing on that one thing. When having an orgasm becomes the aim of having sex that’s when things start to get worse and can even hamper your relationship.
According to several surveys and studies only 25% women reach climax while having sex. Now if you have to go with the statistics, 75% of women should either go into some sort of depression or just keep faking it. No, not at all. Take orgasm as a bonus, if you get it lucky you, if you don’t then it really doesn’t matter. Sex is about having a good time with your partner and not worrying about the big “O.”