Breast implants, also called breast augmentation, are artificial (prosthetic) implants. You’ll find two kinds of breast implants: silicone and saline.
- Silicone gel implants – these are available as a solid, a gel, or a liquid form more like a plastic
- Saline implants (sterile salt water)
In 1992, FDA halted the procedure of silicone implants due to safety concerns. In few women they “slipped” over time, resulting in lopsided breasts and other cosmetic issues. In 2006, after some scientific advancements, silicone implants were recently placed back on the market.
Steps to be Taken Before Surgery
Your surgeon may ask you to undergo breast X-rays or mammogram prior to surgery to identify if there’s any breast abnormality and the surgeon gets the preoperative image of the breast tissue.
You will generally be asked not to drink or eat anything after midnight before surgery and to get loose outfit, including a loose-fit without underwire bra which you can wear after surgery. Your surgeon must discuss with you the level of surgery, estimated time the procedure will take and what they have planned to treat for nausea and pain.
PROCEDURE OF BREAST AUGMENTATION/ BREAST IMPLANT
Breast Implant procedure includes the below-mentioned steps:
During the surgical procedure Medicines are administered for your comfort. The choices include general anesthesia and intravenous sedation. Your specialist will recommend the best choice for you.
Incisions are done in inconspicuous areas for minimizing the noticeable scarring. Discuss with your surgeon which incision option is apt for the desired outcome.
STEP-3 Placing and inserting the breast implant
Once the incision is made, surgeon will insert a breast implant into a pocket either:
- Directly behind breast tissue, over the pectoral muscle (a subglandular / submammary placement), or
- Under pectoral muscle (a submuscular placement)
The method for positioning and inserting breast implants depends on the degree of enlargement needed, type of implant, your body type and your doctor’s advice.
STEP-4 Closing incisions
Experts close the Incisions with sutures and with layered sutures in breast tissue, surgical tape or skin adhesive to close the skin.
Recovery after Breast Implantation
• After the breast augmentation surgery, the breasts will be covered using gauze. You may have the drainage tubes that you have to remove in a few days. The doctor may suggest you to wear a surgical bra to heal quickly.
• After your surgery, you’ll have to take it easy for some days. For example, you must not do heavy lifting for 2 months after getting implants.
• Over the counter pain relievers can help you cope with discomfort. Your doctor will also prescribe you some pain medication, according to your condition.
You will find some swelling in that area where surgery was done. Over the time, the scars will fade and the swelling will ease.
Complications in the Procedure!
Although it is a cosmetic procedure, breast augmentation can have risks like:
• Breast pain
• Changes in sensation in the nipple and breast
• Scar tissue formation in the area around the implant
• Issues with the shape or size of the implants (like the breasts may not seem to be symmetrical)
It is also possible for implants to rupture and leak. Consult your doctor immediately if you find something serious about it!
Celebrities’ Breast Implant – Celebs who have gone under the knife!
With the pressure to remain ageless, fit and young, some celebs have gone under the knife to attain boobylicious greatness. Check out which celebs have upgraded their Ta-Tas to big ‘uns from booblets…
1. Miley Cyrus
This Diva has made herself the topic of lewd publicity… but her boobs do not need to be subjected to rumors. She has done boob jobs twice stating that she felt more like a boy and breast implants have given her the curves which she were missing.
2. Pamela Anderson
The breasts which bounced around the globe are fake and everyone knows about it. But that doesn’t stop her huge fan followers watching her on the beach. She sported her boobs for many years after getting the argumentation done to the size 36 DD. Now there are rumors that Pamela has had her breasts implanted, reduced and then implanted again.
3. Angelina Jolie
After getting double mastectomy, Angelina got the breast implants. The celeb had to recreate her boobs after her operation and said her “new breasts are beautiful”. Her new implants look much like her old ones and modest… so they draw less attention from the breast implant searching crowd.
4. Dolly Parton
Dolly has been up front about her breast implants… She has kept no secrets about her surgeries and has even said that if you’ve got the nerve, the desire and the money to go under knife to have surgery, then you must find a surgeon and do it.