Nobody likes wearing glasses even if the market is aflourish with abundance of smart options! That’s why we have compiled some easy and adaptable tips and advises which will definitely help you keep your eyes healthy.
Eyes are the window to your heart. They are the most precious gift of god. It is only through our eyes we witness joy of life and beauty of the world. This incredible gift of vision needs proper care and attention.
Lets Check out these daily care, diet tips and yoga for eyes-
What Makes Eyes Weak??
With growing age, or stress or physical conditions muscles around eyes lose their tone. Eyesight tends to became weak because muscles in retina lose their elasticity and became rigid thus lose the capability to focus. Apart from these obvious reasons there is more that takes a toll on your eyes!!
Admit guys, we love getting hooked to our tablets, smartphones and computer screens. It strains the eyes and we get headaches, and in many cases eyes starts watering!!
How to Prevent Damage to Eyes?
- Adjust the position of your monitor
- Give your eyes some rest
- Blink often
- While Reading its best to enlarge font size
- Use Spectacles while working on the computer
- Do not watch TV with lights switched off
To keep your eyes from getting tires try the above tips. In fact, use-
- Cucumber slices
- Potato Slices
- Any fresh juicy fruit sliced or mashed
- Tea Bags
It not only helps help control the puffiness but relieve your too. Try these you will feel the difference.
Sedentary life bogged with continuous exposure to stuff that demands your eyes to glare is nothing but abusing your eyes. Its the only sensory organ that overworks, most of the time.
Yoga Exercises for Healthy Eyes-
Certain yoga asanas and exercises rectify the eye problems. Yoga helps you to treat your eyes with care that reflect in good eyesight. Here are few yogic exercises and asanas that can be really helpful to rectify your eyes.
- Keep your eyes closed and have some deep breaths to relax yourself.
- Rub your palms on each other vigorously so that they get warm and then keep them on your eyelid.
- Now feel the warmth of your hand being transferred to eye and eye muscle and relax.
- Let the warmth of hand completely absorbed by eyes.
- Keep your eyes closed and repeat this process two to three time.
- Keep your eyes open and sit comfortably.
- Blink your eyes more than ten time quickly.
- Now close your eyes and relax for next 20 or 30 second.
- Repeat this process five to ten times.
- Keep your leg straight in front of your body.
- Lift your body while keeping your fist closed and keep your thumb pointing upward.
- Now look at the point straight in front of the level of your eyes.
- Now shift your vision to below mentioned point
1. Between your eyebrows and then to left thumb.
2. Between your eyebrows and then to right thumb
3.Between your eye brows and then to left thumb
Repeat this exercise 10 to 20 times then close your eyes and rest.
Do these yoga exercises and asanas or poses several times a day will be really beneficial. Hope these yoga exercises will be of great help to rejuvenate your eyesight.
Some More Exercises-
Exercises can be really helpful for your eyes. Here are some simple exercises that can improve your vision dramatically. Best part of these exercises is that you can do them anytime anywhere. These are perfect for you if you work for longer hours before computer.
Focusing on Near and Far Objects
Keep your thumb in front of you just about 15 cm away. Then try to focus on the thumb. Do it continuously for 2 minutes now focus on a object that is 3 to 4 meter away from you. Keep in mind that object have to be in the same direction of thumb. Then shift your focus to your thumb. Do it for 5 to 6 times.
Massage your Eyes
Everyday before going to sleep massage your eye muscles and eye lids by rubbing of your fingers in a circular direction. This exercise has a relaxing and soothing effect on eyes.
Constant Blinking after Certain Intervals
This exercise is mandatory for you for gizmo savvy generation! After two to three hours of work, constantly blink your eyes for three to four seconds. This helps avoid eye strain and feel refreshed.
Rotation of Eyeball
This exercise helps to loosen your eye muscle and improve the blood flow and oxygen level in eyes thus improving vision. You have to close your eyes and rotate your eye clock wise and then do it anti-clock wise. Repeat 10 to 15 times.
Diet Changes to Pamper and Care for Eyes-
Yes, the changes to your diet for healthy eyes is very much predictable-
- Green Leafy Veges
- Citrus Fruits and Berries
- Fatty Fish like tuna and salmon
You can also try over the counter supplements for good health
Hope this Article helps you with your daily issues! Being a writer, my eyes get really very messed up.. But luckily I happen to be a health conscious gal.. these daily care, diet tips and yoga for eyes do help me!! Hope these help you too…
We have some more stuff on beautifying eyes as well. Check that out!!